Summer is a hot season for weddings and if you’re planning your own or helping a friend plan theirs, you know the costs can add up. Many soon-to-be brides and grooms are turning to DIY for as many wedding details as possible. Let’s look at some themes you can use to inspire the most memorable of weddings!
Tying the knot in your backyard allows for flexibility in design as well as your budget. Choose your own date, keep your guest list intimate, and save money! These weddings create an intimate atmosphere where your crafty skills come to life.
- Start the cocktail hour off with personalized cornhole games.
- String lights from trees to create a romantic feel. Place mason jars filled with Peonies as centerpieces for a simple, yet stunning decoration.
- Use Photosquares to craft the perfect photo gallery!
You will feel at home, literally, as you celebrate your big day with loved ones.
Rustic Barn Buys
Barn weddings are trendy and fun. They are picturesque with a country feel. Earthy tones and earthy objects are key to this design aesthetic.
- Create your own aisle by cutting wooden cylinders and topping them off with mason jars filled with baby’s breath.
- Work with more wooden components and create the cutest minibar.
- Don’t forget to include the most adorable signs!
You can’t go wrong with vintage vibes so bring in the old to your new, borrowed, and blue!
- Shop antique stores for romantic relics, like this bike.
- Add some pops of gold by using birdcages and fill them with flowers or use them as cardholders.
- As you add the finishing touches, try stacking aged books on top of each other to create classic centerpieces.
- Don’t forget to print black and white photos to Photosquares for additional vintage flair!
Planning a wedding on a budget can be challenging. But if you and others in your life can harness your creative power, it can be beautifully homemade but still look like a million bucks.